Chemical Engineering Department
Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering
Dept. of Chemical Engineering
Phone: (570) 577-3778
Fax: (570) 577-1141
- B.S.E., Chemical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S.E., Materials Science and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Chemical Engineering, Princeton University
- Ph.D., Chemical and Materials Engineering, Princeton University
- Post-Doctoral, Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Materials and Energy Balance; Introduction to Chemical Engineering
- Process and Product Design
- Polymer Processing and Characterization
- Nanoscale Blends and Composites
- Sustainable Engineering
- A. M. Whittington, S. M. Brouse, M. A. Malusis, and K. Wakabayashi, "Efficient Fabrication of Polymer Nanocomposites with Effective Exfoliation and Dispersion by Solid-State/ Melt Extrusion", Advances in Polymer Technology 32, 21334 (2013).
- P. J. Brunner, J. T. Clark, J. M. Torkelson, and K. Wakabayashi, "Processing-Structure-Property Relationships in Solid-State Shear Pulverization: Parametric Study of Specific Energy", Polymer Engineering and Science 52, 1555 (2012).
- K. Wakabayashi, "Simple Visual Demonstration of Phase Diagram Concepts for an Introductory Materials Science Course Using Colored Solvents", Journal of Materials Education 33, 263 (2011).
- P. J. Hubert, K. Kathiresan and K. Wakabayashi, "Filler Exfoliation and Dispersion in Polypropylene/As-Received Graphite Nanocomposites via Cryogenic Milling", Polymer Engineering and Science 51, 2273 (2011).
- K. Wakabayashi and R. A. Register, "Phase Behavior of Magnesium Stearate Blended with Polyethylene Ionomers", Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 49, 11906 (2010).
- K. Wakabayashi, C. Pierre, D. A. Dikin, R. S. Ruoff, T. Ramanathan, L. C. Brinson, and J. M. Torkelson, "Polymer-Graphite Nanocomposites: Effective Dispersion and Major Property Enhancement via Solid-State Pulverization", Macromolecules 41, 1905 (2008).