215 Vaughan Literature
Harold Schweizer (Ph.D. Zürich) teaches courses in modern poetry, literary theory, holocaust studies, representations of suffering, and the comparative humanities.
Literary Theory, Modern and Contemporary Poetry, Humanities, History of Ideas, Holocaust Studies
Current Projects and Research Interests
Studies in the Medical Humanities
Selected and Forthcoming Publications
- The Book of Stones and Angels (a book of poetry, forthcoming from Tupelo Press).
- On Waiting (London: Routledge, Thinking in Action Philosophy Series, 2008).
- La Espera: Melodias de la duración. Translated by Augustín Temes (Madrid:
Ediciones sequitur, 2010).
- Suffering and the Remedy of Art (Albany: SUNY P, 1997).
- The Patient, co-edited with Kimberly Myers, Aperçus (Cranbury: Associated UP,
- “Are We Not Beautiful?” Nineteenth Century Prose (forthcoming 2013).
- “To Suffer to Wait: Reading Trauma in Two Poems.” Literature and Trauma Studies
- “Literary Autonomy: Growth of a Modern Concept.” Cambridge History of Criticism:
The 19th Century (2013).
- “The Accident and the Beautiful: On Alan Shapiro’s “The Accident.” Literature and
- in American Poetry Review, New Orleans Review, Cincinnati Review, Diode, Pleiades, Poetry International and other venues.
John P. Crozer Chair in English Literature (2006-2011)