Alumni Wireless Community
We are pleased to offer this new mobile service so alumni can receive timely important Bucknell news -- how they want it, and only if they want it.
Opt in to the wireless community in two ways:
- Visit the Wireless Opt-In Page to sign up for text messages and/or emails OR
- Simply text BUJOIN to 299669
If you opt in to the community, you'll have the choice to receive news alerts as text messages, emails, or via a special website formatted to fit on your mobile phone. Why? So you can keep up-to-date whenever it makes sense: on the plane, between meetings or at home.
This Bucknell service brings graphical mobile news into the higher education sector for the first time.
Bucknell is determined to use technology progressively to keep its active, worldwide base of more than 47,000 alumni informed. This system gives Bucknell alumni a unique way to stay abreast of news and events from their alma mater.
This pilot program builds on Bucknell's growing use of information technology, including portals, blogs, podcasts, and other digital communications.
Who should use the alumni wireless community?
Bucknell Alumni who want to stay informed using the latest technology. But while this wireless community is geared to our alumni, anyone can opt in, and we welcome visitors.
How Does It Work?
This service is carrier independent and works with all mobile service carriers. Standard carrier message rates apply. You can opt in to the community to receive Bucknell news in 3 ways:
- Text messages on your mobile device. These will be reserved for alerts about key news and events (max of 3-5 per month). You must have text messaging capability on your phone.
- Email messages with Bucknell news.
- Website you can browse from your mobile device at http://alumniwireless.bucknell.edu/. Note: Check with your service carrier to see if you have this capability.
For technical support, email email@example.com