Criteria for Enrollment as a
Bucknell Community College Scholar
After participating in the summer program, Scholars can apply to enroll at Bucknell to pursue a bachelor's degree.
Before enrolling at Bucknell, they will first need to apply for admission and complete their associate's degree at their community college. They will also need to submit a Transfer Application and Bucknell supplement found at www.commonapp.org.
The criteria for transferring to Bucknell are similar to those required for initial admittance to the Bucknell Community College Scholars Program.
- show potential to succeed in a bachelor's degree program at Bucknell
- have a GPA of about 3.5 or higher in their community college courses
- be on track to successfully complete their community college studies
- demonstrate leadership abilities and problem-solving skills
- have a low- to moderate-income financial status*
- have performed well in the Bucknell summer program
- maintain a high level of achievement after returning to community college
And, like all of Bucknell's students, Bucknell Community College Scholars must demonstrate a passion for learning, a passion for life, and a sincere desire to contribute to the Bucknell community.
*Defined as Adjusted Gross Income below $50,000 for families or below $25,000 for independent students.