SPECIAL SEATING: WHEELCHAIRS AND THOSE IN NEED OF A SIGN-LANGUAGE INTERPRETER OR OTHER ACCESSIBLE SERVICES
- Special seating arrangements are available for those who use a wheelchair or those in need of a sign-language interpreter.
- Telephone the Commencement Hotline (570-577-1192) by Friday, May 8, 2015 to make reservations for special seating or for details pertaining to local durable medical equipment vendors. The University does not loan or rent wheelchairs. The Hotline is staffed beginning January 14, 2015 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm - Monday thru Friday
- Guests should be advised that the outdoor ceremony is held in an unshaded area.
- Alternative indoor viewing areas will be available in the Weis Center for Performing Arts and Trout Auditorium in the Vaughan Literature building.
- In case of rain, Commencement will be held in the Gerhard Fieldhouse.
- Seniors and graduate students will receive five tickets each for the indoor ceremony when they pick up their cap and gown.
- Guests who do not have tickets may view Commencement via closed-circuit television in the Weis Center for Performing Arts and/or Trout Auditorium.
- If the ceremony is moved to the indoor location, announcements will be made on the University home page, to graduate email addresses, throughout campus, on the Campus Alert line at 570-577-2020 and through the University Switchboard at 570-577-2000.
- A photographer from GradImages will be at your ceremony to take a candid photograph of each graduate at their special moment of recognition.
- PRIOR TO THE CEREMONY: Visit www.gradimages.com and click on Pre-Event Registration.
- Seniors and graduate students will receive a free passport-sized digital proof of this photo on an order card within 5-7 days following the ceremony.
- After the ceremony you may order online at www.gradimages.com or call 800-261-2576.
- Questions may be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Since photographs will be available, family members and guests are encouraged to remain in their seats, relax and enjoy the ceremony.
- An area on the west side of the Academic Quad will be designated for guests to take personal photos of the graduates as they receive their diplomas.
- A complimentary DVD of the ceremony will be mailed to the graduates. Additional copies are $30 each plus 6% sales tax, and may be ordered by using the card enclosed in the January mailing to parents and graduates, accompanied by the amount owed. Make checks payable to Bucknell University.
The Parent's Fund and Family Programs will offer an opportunity to purchase a variety of flowers. An order form will be mailed to parents at a later date.
A mailing will be sent out in early February providing directions for ordering graduation announcements on-line through a link at the Bucknell Bookstore website www.bucknell.bncollege.com. Announcements may also be ordered directly through Balfour by calling 1-877-BALFOUR (1-877-225-3687) or online at www.balfour.com.
The Bison snack bar on the ground floor of the Elaine Langone Center will be open for refreshments and light meals on May 15, 16 and 17. Menus for the Courtside Grill held in Sojka Pavilion and the Graduates Farewell Luncheon, held in Sojka Pavilion, Bostwick Dining Room, and the Terrace Room are included in a mailing to all parents in January. Tickets for these meals are available by mail using the order form attached to the menu or by registering online. Pick up tickets in the Elaine Langone Center second floor registration area. Tickets will not be mailed.
TRAFFIC FLOW AND SUNDAY PARKING
Officers will be on hand to direct traffic flow. Drop off to include those individuals using wheelchairs or with other mobility needs and the elderly is located in front of Marts Hall on Dent Drive. We encourage use of the drop off due to limited proximity parking. Shuttles will be running continuously from all campus parking lots from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Please be aware that pets will not be allowed in residence halls or on the Quad during the Commencement Ceremony.