Civil & Environmental Engineering
Jessica T. Newlin
Fax: (570) 577-3415
- BS Civil Engineering, Bucknell University, 1998
- MS Civil Engineering, University of California - Davis, 2001
- PhD Civil Engineering, Penn State University, 2007
- Bucknell University
- Penn State University
- University of California, Davis
- Water Resources Engineering
- Engineering Computations
- The Global Engineer
- Hydraulics and geomorphology of rivers and streams
- Effects of hydraulic structures on stream channel response
- Management and maintenance of stream channels near bridge crossings
- Groundwater and surface water interactions in rivers, streams, and wetlands
- Newlin, J.T., and Patil, G.P. 2010. Application of partial order to bridge engineering, stream channel assessment, and infrastructure management, Environmental and Ecological Statistics, v. 17, pp. 437-454, doi: 10.1007/s10651-010-0162-8.
- Johnson, P.A., Sheeder, S., and Newlin, J.T., 2010. Waterway transitions an US bridges, Water and Environment Journal, v. 24, pp. 274-281.
- Newlin, J.T., and Johnson, P.A., 2009. Adaptive management of stream channel maintenance at bridge crossings in the Northern Tier region, Pennsylvania, Journal of American Water Resources Association, v. 45, no. 5, pp.1197-1208.
- Newlin, J.T., and Bhat, K. Sham, 2007. Identification and prioritization of stream channel maintenance needs at bridge crossings, International Bridge Conference, Pittsburgh, PA. (James D. Cooper Student Paper Award)
- Harvey, J.W., Newlin, J.T., and Krupa, S.L., 2006. Modeling decadal timescale interactions between surface water and ground water in the central Everglades, Florida, USA, Journal of Hydrology, v. 320, p. 400-420.
- Newlin, J.T. and others, 2006. Penn State cross-disciplinary classroom in statistical ecology and environmental statistics, Environmental and Ecological Statistics, v. 13, p. 353-363. (invited contribution)
- Harvey, J.W., Saiers, J.E., and Newlin, J.T., 2005. Solute Transport and storage mechanisms in wetlands of the Everglades, south Florida, Water Resources Research, 41, W05009, doi: 10.1029/2004WR003507.
- Schultz, B.P.* and Newlin, J.T. 2010. White Deer Creek, PA: Implications for Understanding Bedload Transport at Bridge Crossings. American Water Resources Association Annual Conference Proceedings, Philadelphia, PA, November 1-4, 2010.
- Newlin, J.T., and Patil, G.P. 2010. Application of partial order to stream channel assessment and bridge infrastructure management. In JSM Proceedings, Statistical Computing Section. Alexandria, VA: American Statistical Association.
- Newlin, J.T., Meyers, W.L., Patil, G.P., and Joshi, S.W. 2010. Improving transparency of bridge condition for decision -making and analysis in bridge management. In Bridge Maintenance, Safety, Management, and Life-Cycle Optimization, Frangopol, d.M., Sause, R, and Kusko, C.S. (eds). Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management, Philadelphia, PA, July 11-15, 2010.
- Stodart, B.B.*, and Newlin, J.T. 2010. Use of bendway weirs in gravel-bed streams to reduce sediment deposition near bridge crossings. Proceedings of the World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010, American Society of Civil Engineers, Providence, RI, May 16-20, 2010.
- Newlin, J.T., Johnson, P.A., Miller, A.C., and Fecko, K.R., 2008. Sediment transport characterization for bridge crossing design or maintenance. American Water Resources Association 2008 Annual Water Resources Conference, New Orleans, LA, Nove. 17-20, 2008. (Presentation)
*Bucknell Undergraduate student
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Water Resources Association
- American Geophysical Union
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Society of Women Engineers.