Charles M. and Olive S. Rooke Chapel
Designed in Georgian colonial style, Rooke Chapel is the setting for campus worship, weddings, and celebrations. An attached one-story wing also houses the Office of Religious Life, the University Chaplain's office, the meditation chapel and a kitchen.
Dedicated on October 25, 1964, the chapel is the gift of the late Robert L. Rooke, an alumnus of the class of 1913 and a member of the University's Board of Trustees. The chapel is named in memory of Mr. Rooke's parents.
The main portion of the chapel includes the narthex, sanctuary, chancel area, organ chamber, choir rooms, and balconies that surround the sanctuary on three sides. Approximately 700 persons can be seated in the sanctuary and balconies.
The chapel's three manual Reuter organ, one of the largest in central Pennsylvania, fulfills the functions of both a church organ and a concert instrument. This organ is capable of authentically reproducing the music of any period. Louis S. Armento's brushed steel chancel screens, between the chancel and the organ chamber depict Moses, Jesus, and other Jewish and Christian symbols.
Other Religious Life Facilities
Fellowship House (628 St. George Street)
Newman House (610 St. George Street)
Berelson Center for Jewish Life (632 St. George Street)
Reservations and Weddings:
Call Events Management Office at 570-577-3666 (www.bucknell.edu/EventsManagement)