December 2009 News
- Professor, author honored with NEA Fellowship
Robert Rosenberg, assistant professor of English at Bucknell University, has been awarded a 2010 Literature Fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Bucknell 22nd 'Best Place to Work'
The Best Places to Work program has ranked Bucknell the 22nd best employer in Pennsylvania. Only one other nonprofit institution scored higher than Bucknell.
- Professors receive inaugural faculty scholar award
Two Bucknell University professors -- Andrea R. Halpern and Virginia Zimmerman -- have been honored for their research and scholarship with the inaugural David T. Scadden Faculty Scholar Award.
- Math professor completes Fulbright in Uruguay
Assistant Professor of Mathematics Nathan Ryan, a computational number theorist, traveled to Uruguay this past fall with a Fulbright fellowship.
- Bucknell awarded $250,000 Conservation Works! grant
Bucknell University has been awarded a $250,000 Conservation Works! grant to replace the air-handling and monitoring system for the Elaine Langone Center dining facilities. The improvements are expected to create an annual energy savings of $100,000 for Bucknell.
- Student author discusses 'true liberal arts education'
Li Wan, Class of '10, has co-authored a book with two other Chinese students attending top liberal arts institutions in the United States.
- Holzberger receives Cohen Award for Santayana edition
William Holzberger, professor emeritus of English at Bucknell , has been honored by the MLA with the 10th Morton N. Cohen Award for a Distinguished Edition of Letters, receiving the award for The Letters of George Santayana, Book Seven, 1941-1947 and Book Eight, 1948-1052, published by MIT Press.
- Top stories: Profiles among November's top stories
For the third straight month, a three-part story package profiling recently promoted full and associate professors and newly hired tenure-track faculty was Bucknell University's top web story of the month.
- Get Bucknell in the News for media highlights
You can read the highlights of media coverage each week in Bucknell in the News, a free weekly e-newsletter produced by the Division of Communications
- Professors receive National Geographic, NSF grants for Mars, Alaska research
Professors Craig Kochel and Jeff Trop recently received a $15,000 National Geographic grant to continue their research in Alaska and its geological similarities to Mars.