Campus Greening Council
About the Campus Greening Council
In April 2008, the Campus Greening Council (CGC) was established as an official university committee. The CGC is comprised of students, faculty, and staff, and is charged with making policy recommendations to the Bucknell administration on matters relating to the environmental impact of the university. The CGC is also in charge of Bucknell's compliance with the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment.
The original Campus Greening Council charge provides details of the CGC's mission.
Submitting suggestions to the CGC
There are two ways to submit suggestions to the Campus Greening Council. The suggestions given highest priority by the CGC are those submitted as formal proposals using the CGC's standard proposal form.
A less formal way of submitting suggestions to the CGC is through the "Our Bucknell" suggestion box available through "My Bucknell". These suggestions are sent directly to the chair and vice chair of the council, and are considered as time allows. Most often these suggestions will be forwarded to other parties within the university for a response. For instance, a concern about take-out containers will be forwarded to Dining Services.
- Michelle Beiler, Assistant Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Daniel Bonilla '14 (civil engineering), BSG Representative
- Neil Boyd, Associate Professor of Management
- Kate Christensen, Assistant Director of Admissions
- John Cummins, General Manager, Bucknell Dining
- Beth Duckles, Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Steve Durfee, Campus Energy Manager
- Dina El-Mogazi, Director of the Campus Greening Initiative
- Dan Enriquez '15 (undeclared, School of Management)
- Meredith Field, Study Abroad Advisor
- Ginna Freehling '15 (neuroscience), Environmental Club President
- Dennis Hawley, Associate VP for Facilities
- Lisa Hoover, Director, Publications, Print and Mail
- Donald Krech, Director of Procurement Services
- John Luthi, Director of Investments
- Chad Mason, Associate Athletic Director Operations and Events
- Dawn Randler, Administrative Assistant to the Associate VP for Facilities
- Dan Remley, Associate Dean of Students
- Tony Stafford, Director of Outdoor Education
- John Testa, Grounds & Labor Supervisor
- Peter Wilshusen, Associate Professor of Environmental Studies and Executive Director Bucknell Environmental Center
- Chris Weber, Director, Technology Infrastructure and User Services