Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will I live?
Health and Wellness members currently live together in either Larison Cottage or Kress Hall. Larison Cottage is home to all first-year Health and Wellness students. Kress Hall is home to upperclass Health and Wellness students. || See Housing Options for more information.
- What are the expectations of Health and Wellness students?
Students within the Health and Wellness Program must abide by all policies outlined in the Student Handbook. They also agree to the Health and Wellness Core Community Values, as stated below:
- To live in an environment that promotes and respects healthy lifestyle choice;
- To live in a residence hall where alcohol and tobacco are not present, nor used, and no drugs are used contrary to prescription or law;
- To be an active part of the Health and Wellness community.
- Can I join Health and Wellness once I am on campus?
The Health and Wellness program is open to everyone. If you arrive on campus in August and decide that Health and Wellness is where you want to be, we will make sure you are included in the program. Although the ability to move onto a Health and Wellness floor may not be available, we will work with you on how to be an active member within the Health and Wellness community, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I live on a non-Health and Wellness floor after my first year?
You are free to decide where you live during your Sophomore through Senior years. You may decide at any time to leave the program and then select housing through the General Room Selection Process in April. If you live outside of the Health and Wellness affinity housing but are still interested in being connected to the community, you can be part of our Google Group. It's an easy way to stay informed about Health and Wellness programming via email.
- I am also interested in a Residential College? May I do both?
Yes! If you select to live within a Residential College but you also indicate you want to be part of the Health and Wellness Program, you will live with your Residential College peers but still be included in all of the Health and Wellness events and correspondence just as if you lived on a Health and Wellness floor.
- How do I become a part of the Health and Wellness Program?
Incoming first-year students join by filling out information on the Residence Hall Assignment Questionnaire. More detailed information can be found on the How to Apply page. Upperclass students may join the program by emailing email@example.com..
- I have another question that isn’t listed above. Who may I contact for more information?