College of Arts & Sciences
Department and Program Learning Objectives
Learning Goals for Student who Major or Minor in Theatre:
- Learning Goal A – Develop an understanding of Western dramatic literature and performance styles as a part of humanistic and cultural studies.
- Learning Goal B – Integrate knowledge of defining elements of performance style and methodology of approach into performance practice.
- Learning Goal C – Develop knowledge of visual literacy in the relation of artistic media to theatre styles.
- Learning Goal D – Synthesize the critical, analytical and creative aspects of theatre through writing or oral presentation.
- Learning Goal E – Integrate elements of design and principles of composition with technology into production practice.
- Learning Goal F – Create effective production laboratory projects through research, interpretation, conceptual discussion and practice.
- Learning Goal G – Create effective production laboratory projects through strong collaborative practice.