Guest User Policy
We are pleased to be able to offer library visitors access to our electronic resources. Because our first priority is to serve the current members of the Bucknell community, availability of electronic/computing resources may be limited. At especially busy times of the day/year (during finals, etc.), we may not be able to accommodate guest users.
Services/resources available to guest users:
- Internet access/Web browsing/e-mail
- Microsoft Office software
- Research databases/catalog searching
- Limited printing (please print wisely)
- Basic reference assistance (including government information access)
- Guest wireless access (network is called bucknell_guests)
- Headphones are available at the Technology Desk (must show photo ID)
- Community borrowing privileges ($15/year for local residents)
- Self-Service Photocopying (.10/page)
Guest users are expected to:
- Ask at the Reference Desk to be logged in as a guest.
- Limit use to only the workstations designated for guest use (Four tables surrounding the Reference Desk).
- Follow the guidelines in this handout.
- Print wisely. Only print what you absolutely need. Bucknell University is now a Green campus, and takes paper waste seriously. Staff members will cancel excessively large print jobs.
- Relinquish their workstation if a Bucknell user needs to use it.
- Understand that the main floor of the library is a collaborative (read: noisy) space. Quiet study space is available on Level 2 Rear.
- Keep all drinks in covered containers.
- Understand that during busy times, we reserve the right NOT to log them on, even if a computer is free.
Appropriate Use Policy for Library Guests:
- Library computers are intended for research use.
- Users should refrain from displaying graphic or obscene images on public computers.
- Guests are not permitted to play games or visit internet chat rooms/instant messaging sites on
- Be considerate of other users. Full Appropriate Use Policy.
Services Not Available to Library Guests:
- Use of scanners
- Use/borrowing of DVDs/Videos
- Borrowing equipment
- Use of computing labs on Lower Level 1/Tech Courtyard
- Use of computers at the rear of the Reference Desk