Library Fast Facts
Intriguing facts about the library building, services and staff:
- Number of Group Study Spaces in the library: 10. These spaces are always in heavy demand from students who want to work in groups or practice presentations.
- Number of public use computers in the library: 139, plus 15 laptop loaners. There are also two public use computing labs in the library, as well as a small GIS lab.
- Library and IT consists of 88 employees, 21 of whom have earned at least one degree from Bucknell.
- Library and IT employs 200 students during the semester, and 77 during the summer.
- Most popular items sold at the café:coffee, lattes and cappuccinos.
- Most heavily accessed item in the library collection: Collins German-English English-German Dictionary. This item has been checked out 387 times since 2002.
- One of the earliest items in the collection: 2 vellum leaves from an English Bible manuscript created in the first quarter of the 13th Century. Located in Special Collections/University Archives.
- Between 20 and 90 students were in the library at 3am on any given day during finals week. That's a lot of caffeine at work! The library is open 24/7 during reading and exams period.