December 2010 News
- Join Bucknell at Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
Can't get enough of Bucknell? Stay in touch through the University's various social media outlets.
- Three Bucknell groups receive Maxwell Award for collaboration
Three collaborative project teams at Bucknell University were honored recently with the Maxwell Award, presented annually to exceptional collaborative efforts of cross-functional groups, project teams and task forces.
- Happy Holidays (slideshow)
Happy Holidays from Bucknell University. (Slideshow)
- League defers decision on football financial aid
The Patriot League Council of Presidents tabled a decision to amend its current need-based financial aid system for football.
- 'Mr. Bucknell' John Zeller remembered for service
Friends and family celebrated the life of "Mr. Bucknell," John F. Zeller III, and remembered his devotion to service both on and off campus during a memorial service held Sunday, Dec. 12, in Rooke Chapel at Bucknell University.
- Ask the Experts: William Payn on Candlelight Christmas
With the festive performance this month of "A Bucknell Candlelight Christmas" and the release of a special DVD/CD package celebrating the 45-year-old Bucknell tradition, we ask William Payn, professor of music and director of the service, about the program's history and the role of its student performers.
- 'Bucknell Candlelight Christmas' airing on PBS, available on DVD
A Bucknell Candlelight Christmas" returns to public television in a new high-definition broadcast in December. Viewers also can enjoy the 45-year-old Bucknell tradition at home with a new DVD/CD package, available online and at the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University bookstore.
- McCallum honored with NEA Poetry Fellowship
Shara McCallum, associate professor of English and director of the Stadler Center for Poetry at Bucknell University, has been awarded a 2011 Poetry Fellowship of $25,000 from the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Paper Bag Players at Weis Center Dec. 11
The Paper Bag Players will present "Whoop-Dee-Doo" on Saturday, Dec. 11, at 1 p.m. in the Weis Center at Bucknell University.
- 'NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt' in Samek
The Bucknell AIDS Committee will host The NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt at the Samek Art Gallery at Bucknell University Dec. 1 through 7.
- 'Gizmo Expo' at Bucknell Dec. 6
Bucknell University will host the Fifth annual Engineering and Science Education Expo — or "Gizmo Expo" — on Monday, Dec. 6, from 7 to 9 p.m. in Larison Dining Hall at Bucknell.
- Bucknell Dance Company fall concert Dec. 3, 4
The Bucknell Dance Company will present its annual Fall Dance Concert Friday, Dec. 3, and Saturday, Dec. 4, at 8 p.m. in the Harvey Powers Theatre, Coleman Hall, at Bucknell University.
- Imani Winds at Weis Center Dec. 4
The Grammy-nominated ensemble Imani Winds and Friends, including pianist Xavier Davis, will perform "This Christmas" on Saturday, Dec. 4, at 8 p.m., at Bucknell University's Weis Center for the Performing Arts.