Itinerary and Highlights: Celtic Lands
1 Depart from the U.S.
2 Paris, France/Honfleur/Embark m.s. Le Boreal
3 Caen, France (Normandy Beaches)
4 At Sea
5 Dublin, Ireland
6 Holyhead, Wales (Caernarfon)
7 Isle of Iona, Scotland/Tobermory, Isle of Mull
8 Portree, Isle of Skye
9 Kirkwall, Orkney Islands
10 Edinburgh/Disembark m.s. Le Boreal/Return to the U.S.
- Enjoy spacious and deluxe outside accommodations while traveling aboard the exceptional m.s. Le Boreal, an intimate vessel that set unprecedented standards in elegance and comfort when it launched in 2010.
- Walk in the footsteps of such literary giants as Jonathan Swift, James Joyce and Sean O'Casey as your explore the exquisite cultural and architectural treasures of Dublin.
- Discover the origins of Scottish history on the Isle of Iona, where Celtic crosses mark the graves of Scotland's monarchs, including Duncan and Macbeth.
- Admire the impregnable walls of Edward I's 700-year-old Caernarfon Castle and the splendid beauty of the age-old Snowdonia Mountains in Wales.
- Visit historic Dunvegan Castle, seat of the MacLeods and repository of the Fairy Flag, in the lovely town of Portree on the Isle of Skye.
- Enjoy a rare opportunity to cruise with two famous historians:
David Eisenhower, President Dwight D. Eisenhower's grandson, esteemed political scientist and historian of American history.
Celia Sandys, Sir Winston Churchill's granddaughter, an internationally recognized author and speaker.