M.S. Le Boreal: Celtic Lands
The m.s. Le Boreal has been specially engineered by the finest Italian shipbuilders to incorporate the latest in ship design and environmental technology, ensuring the ultimate cruise experience in safety and comfort.
Spacious accommodations-The ship can accommodate between 224 and 264 passengers in 112 to 132 exceptionally large staterooms and suites ranging in size from 200 square feet to 484 square feet. Ninety-five percent of the staterooms feature private balconies.
Flexible room configurations-Le Boreal's highly innovative flexible room configurations provide the unique ability to seamlessly transform 40 Deluxe Staterooms into 20 exquisite Prestige Suites using advanced technology that ensures that these reconfigurations are not discernable. These configurations enable a larger number of passengers to travel in the luxury of a 398-square-foot Prestige Suite, while affording the flexibility to accommodate more passengers when needed.
Elegant Dining Experience-International and local cuisine is served in the stylish, spacious Dining Room in single, unassigned seatings. Passengers may also enjoy dining alfresco in the casual indoor-outdoor Grill Restaurant or from 24-hour Room Service. Continental and buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, a three-course dinner and a late-evening snack are served daily. House wine and beer are included with lunch and dinner. Bar service is available on the Sun Deck.
Exceptional public amenities-An exquisite state of the art theater equipped with a modern audio-visual system provides a perfect venue for lectures, film screenings and cultural performances. Additional facilities include the stylish 3,000-square-foot Main Lounge complete with dance floor and the Panoramic lounge designed specifically to offer breathtaking views of passing scenery. The m.s. Le Boreal also has a gift shop, library, beauty salon, laundry services, elevators and an infirmary.
Enhanced Internet services-The m.s. Le Boreal will offer modern computer and Internet capabilities, including WiFi Internet access in each stateroom and an Internet Salon offering Internet access and computer stations for personal use.
World-class recreational facilities-Fitness and wellness areas include an inviting spa, Turkish bath-style steam room, swimming pool and full range of fitness equipment.
Advanced navigational and environmental technology-This 466-foot ship incorporates the latest "Cleanship" standards and will be constructed as fully operational expedition vessels featuring an advanced navigational system and the unique dynamic positioning system. It will be equipped with a fleet of sturdy Zodiac landing craft in addition to two large tenders, ideal for shore excursions.
Accompanying you on this cruise to provide specially arranged lectures and discussions: historian David Eisenhower, grandson of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, and author Celia Sandys, granddaughter of Sir Winston Churchill.
On board the deluxe m.s. Le Boreal
- Eight-night cruise from Honfleur, France, to Edinburgh, Scotland. Port calls at Caen (Normandy Beaches), France; Dublin, Ireland; Holyhead, Wales; and the isles of Iona Tobermory, Portree and Kirkwall, Scotland.
- Spacious and elegant outside accommodations with private bathroom and individual stateroom climate control.
- Captain's welcome and farewell receptions.
- All meals-Continental breakfast, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late-evening snack-throughout the cruise, featuring fine international and regional cuisine, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- House wine, beer, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee and tea served with lunch and dinner.
- Full-day excursion to D-Day landing beaches with lunch in a restaurant in Arromanches, including a visit to the D-Day Museum or the historic Bayeux Tapestry.
- Overview tour of Dublin, featuring the National Museum of Ireland and the Book of Kells.
- Visit to Bodnant Garden and Caernarfon Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and a drive through the Snowdonia Mountains, Wales.
- Excursions to the Inner Hebridean Isles of Iona, Mull and Skye, and the Orkney Islands featuring the Abbey of Iona, Torosay Castle, Dunvegan Castle, Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae.
Enhanced Travel Services
- All transfers and luggage handling abroad for all participants who have purchased their air tickets through Gohagan & Company and whose arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined in the itinerary, led by experienced, English-speaking local guides.
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Experienced Travel Directors to accompany you throughout the travel program.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.