Frequently Asked Questions
About Using Your BU ID
- What are my Campus Dollars?
Your Campus Dollars account works like a debit card. Deposit money into your Campus Dollars account to begin using your BU ID to access your dollars. (https://cc-secure.bucknell.edu/uaccounts/)
- How do I make deposits to my Campus Dollars?
Your Campus Dollars account is automatically opened for you when you receive your BU ID. After your initial deposit, you can use your card to pay for laundry and meals at any campus dining venue.
To deposit to your Campus Dollars online anytime using your checking or savings account, go to https://cc-secure.bucknell.edu/uaccounts/. On campus, please take your cash or check to the Card Services Office, 204 Elaine Langone Center or the Finance Office, 108 Marts Hall. Checks should be made payable to Bucknell University. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Can I send one check to the Cashier for tuition and Campus Dollars?
Yes, but please note clearly the amount you want to use as Campus Dollars.
- Can I add to my Campus Dollars or Dining Dollars online?
Yes. You can add to your Campus Dollars and Dining Dollars online anytime using your checking or savings account. Go to https://cc-secure.bucknell.edu/uaccounts/.
- How quickly will my Campus Dollars or Dining Dollars be available if I add them online?
Campus Dollars and Dining Dollars added online are usually available within minutes of your completing your deposit.
- How are my Dining Dollars different from my Campus Dollars?
Your Dining Dollars are part of your meal plan and are valid only at campus dining locations. Your Campus Dollars can be used for laundry as well as meals. If you spend all of your Dining Dollars, dining locations registers will automatically deduct the purchase from your Campus Dollars. Additionally, you can have either Campus Dollars or Dining Dollars, or both. You can add to either balance depending on how and where you want to spend your money.
- If I'm on a meal plan, can I still use my Campus Dollars?
Yes. Your meal plan and Campus Dollars are two separate accounts. All cash registers at campus dining locations are set up to use your Dining Dollars first, then your Campus Dollars.
- If I live off campus and don’t purchase a meal plan, can I still use my Campus Dollars to purchase meals on campus?
Yes. Your Campus Dollars are accepted at all campus dining locations.
- Do I need Campus Dollars to use the campus laundry facilities?
Yes. For a short time during the spring 2009 semester the laundry facilities will accept both Campus Dollars and quarters as we transition to Campus Dollars. Once the ability to use quarters is turned off, you will need to deposit to your Campus Dollars to use on campus laundry facilities.
- Is there a minimum balance or minimum deposit for these accounts?
Yes. There is a $10 minimum deposit to your Campus Dollars and Dining Dollars.
- Can I get a refund of my Campus Dollars?
Yes. Any remaining balance will be refunded to your student billing account when you graduate or separate from the University.
- Can I get a refund of my Campus Dollars before I separate from the University?
No. Campus Dollars are only refunded to your student billing account when you separate from the University.
- Can I transfer my Campus Dollars to another student?
Campus Dollars are not transferrable to any other person.
- Can I get a refund of my Dining Dollars?
No. Dining Dollars carry over from semester to semester and year to year, but they become invalid upon graduation or separation from the University. They are neither refundable nor transferrable, so you should plan on adding only an amount that you can use in its entirety before you leave the University.
- How do I close my account?
Once you make a deposit into your Campus Dollars your balance follows you from semester to semester and year to year. If you graduate or withdraw from the University, your balance is refunded to your student billing account and your account closed.
- If my BU ID card has been lost or stolen, how can I protect my funds?
Report a lost, damaged or stolen card immediately to prevent unauthorized use of the card. During regular business hours, report your lost card to the Card Services Office (570-577-1953). During non-business hours, report your loss to the Department of Public Safety (570-577-3333). Once you inform either office, your lost card will no longer work. There is a $50 fee to replace your card.
- How does LaundryView work?
Log on to LaundryView.com and view the current status of every laundry facility on campus, reserve specific machines and find out when the machines in your building will be available. You can even sign up to receive text message alerts when machines are available.
- How do I learn more about LaundryView?
Log on to LaundryView.com to see many more FAQs on LaundryView.