Highlights and Itinerary: French Alps and Provence
1 Depart from the U.S.
2 Marseille, France/Embark m.s. Rembrandt/Arles
6 Lyon/Chalon sur Saône/Disembark m.s. Rembrandt/Annecy
10 Annecy/Geneva, Switzerland/Return to the U.S.
*This itinerary also operates in the reverse direction.
- Spend three nights in the lovely medieval town of Annecy in the French Alps, with a scenic lake cruise and a cable car ride to view breathtaking Mont Blanc.
- Cruise along the Rhône River through the heart of provincial France aboard the m.s. Rembrandt, a stylish, four-star river vessel.
- Drive through Burgundy's scenic wine route and enjoy a private wine tasting in Beaujolais.
- Visit Lyon, France's second city, renowned for its magnificent Gothic and Renaissance architecture and exquisite cuisine.
- Savor the cuisine, red wines and beauty of Provence.
- Extend your Provence experience with the two-night Post-Program in Aix-en-Provence
Scenic transfer from Lyon to Annecy
- Three nights in the deluxe Imperial Palace Hotel, located on picturesque Lac d'Annecy in the French Alps.
- Welcome reception in the hotel.
- Continental breakfast each morning.
- Two dinners in the hotel.
- Half-day tour of the picturesque old town highlights of Annecy.
- Relaxing cruise on spectacular Lac d'Annecy.
- Excursion by cable car to the summit of l'Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix to enjoy views of Mont Blanc, with lunch in a typical mountain restaurant.
Enhanced Travel Services
- All transfers and luggage handling abroad for all participants who have purchased their air tickets through Gohagan & Company and whose arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined in the itinerary, led by experienced, English-speaking local guides.
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Experienced Travel Director to accompany you throughout the travel program.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship and in the hotel.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.