m.s. Le Boreal
The m.s. Le Boreal is the newest generation of deluxe small ships.
Exceptionally Spacious, Deluxe Suites and Staterooms, Most with Balconies
- The 120 large Staterooms and Suites are from 200 to 484 square feet. Ninety-five percent of the accommodations feature private balconies.
- All Suites and most Staterooms feature two twin beds that convert to one queen-size bed, a private bathroom with shower (some with bathtub), international direct dial telephone, satellite flat screen television, DVD/CD, wireless Internet access, iPod dock with speakers, safe, minibar, full-length closets, writing desk/dressing table, hair dryer, duvet and plush terry cloth robes.
International and local cuisines are served in the stylish, spacious Dining Room in single, unassigned seatings, alfresco in the casual indoor-outdoor Grill Restaurant or from 24-hour Room Service. Continental and buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, a three-course dinner and a late-evening snack are served daily. Complimentary wine and beer are served with lunch and dinner. Bar service is available on the Sun Deck.
Spacious Public Areas/World-Class Recreational Facilities
Inviting and spacious public areas accommodate all passengers comfortably. Enjoy views from the Panoramic Lounge, nightly entertainment in the Main Lounge and lectures, cultural performances and film screenings in the state-of-the-art theater. There is a library, Internet salon, beauty salon, elevator, Sun Deck, swimming pool, spa, Turkish bath-style steam room and full range of fitness equipment. The infirmary is staffed with a doctor and nurse.
Passenger- and Eco-Friendly
The state-of-the-art propulsion system provides an exceptionally smooth, quiet and comfortable voyage by creating little vibration and significantly less engine noise.
- The ship meets the latest "Cleanship" standards and is designed to prevent contact with environmentally sensitive seabeds.
- The highly trained, English-speaking international crew provides attentive service. Laundry services are available.
Specially arranged speeches with question-and-answer time by former President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev and former President of Poland Lech Walesa.
On board the exclusively chartered, deluxe m.s. Le Boreal
- Ten-night cruise from Stockholm, Sweden, to Bergen, Norway, with port calls in Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; Gda´nsk, Poland; and Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Spacious and elegant outside accommodations with private bathroom and individual climate control.
- Captain's welcome and farewell receptions.
- All meals-Continental breakfast, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late-evening snack-throughout the cruise, featuring fine international and regional cuisine, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- House wine, beer, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee and tea served with lunch and dinner.
- Excursion in Helsinki, highlighted by a visit to Temppeliaukio Church, a private concert at the Sibelius Academy, and a drive along the old fortifications of Suomenlinna, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- City tour of St. Petersburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring a visit to the Peter and Paul Fortress, the city's oldest structure and final resting place of Russian czars, from Peter the Great to Nicholas II.
- Specially arranged, early entry to the world-renowned State Hermitage Museum.
- Walking tour of Tallinn's historic and medieval quarters, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Architectural tour of Riga, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Tour of the historic Polish port of Gda´nsk.
- Copenhagen city tour and canal cruise.
- Cruise through the magnificent fjords Talgjefjorden and Riskafjorden.
Enhanced Travel Services
- All transfers and luggage handling abroad for all participants who have purchased their air tickets through Gohagan & Company and whose arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined in the itinerary, led by experienced, English-speaking local guides.
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Experienced Travel Directors to accompany you throughout the travel program.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.