(Bucknell en France 2014-15)
- B.A. French Literature, Carleton College ( Magna Cum Laude)
- M.A., French Studies, New York University, Institute of French Studies (with distinction)
- Joint Ph.D., New York University, Department of French Institute of French Studies
- Surrealism and the interwar avantgarde
- Sociological approaches to literature
- History of education in France
- Food and identity
- Teaching of contemporary French civilization
"Seductive Theories: Roger Caillois, Inquisitions, and the Performative Intellectual" in Modernist Group Dynamics: The Politics and Poetics of Friendship, edited by Fabio Akcelrud Durao and Dominic Williams. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2008, 145171.
"Three Strategies for Promoting Intellectual Engagement in Advanced Undergraduate Seminars." With Logan Connors and Nathalie Dupont. The French Review. 87.4 (2014): 111126.
"From Cultural Machines to Dematerialized Cultures: Promoting the Primitive at the Trocadéro and the Quai Branly." Contemporary French Civilization 331 (2009): 4771.
"Reorienting Surrealism," The French Review 814 (2008): 707718.
"Michel Leiris et les 'sciences de l'erreur': le passage occulte du surréalisme à l'ethnographie," for Mélusine 27 (2007): 7786.
"Visualizing Hybrid Literary-Academic Intellectual Communities in Interwar France: Forms and Forums of Innovation." Digital Curiosities Seminar. Modernist Studies Association, Las Vegas, NV (October 2012)
"Academic Avant-Garde Networks in Interwar Paris." Modernist Studies Association, Victoria, B.C. (November 2010)
"Burning Through Breton and Bataille: Jules Monnerot‟s Vesicant Sociology of the Sacred." Modernist Studies Association, Montreal (November 2009).
"Inventing Shadows: Surrealist Epistemology in 1925." American Comparative Literature Association, Harvard University (March 2009).