Itinerary and Highlights of the Great Journey Through Europe
1 Depart from the U.S.
2 Zurich, Switzerland/Lucerne
3 Lucerne (Mt. Pilatus)
4 Lucerne/Andermatt (Glacier Express to Zermatt)
6 Zermatt/Montreux/Gruyères/Basel/Embark ship
7 Strasbourg, France
8 Mannheim, Germany (Heidelberg)
11 Amsterdam, The Netherlands/Return to the U.S.
*This itinerary also operates in the reverse direction.
- Explore the cultural and scenic treasures of the heart of Europe on this truly unique itinerary featuring a combination of river, rail, lake and land through the Swiss Alps and tracing the Rhine River.
- Spend two nights each in fairytale Lucerne, set against the stunning backdrop of the towering Alps rising above tranquil Lake Lucerne, and in the pristine Alpine resort of Zermatt, nestled beneath the craggy peak of the Matterhorn.
- Experience the soaring majesty of the Alps on three of Europe's most spectacular rail journeys - the Mt. Pilatus Railway, the Glacier Express and the Gornergrat Bahn.
- Enjoy cruise accommodations aboard the prestigious Amadeus Premium river fleet, whose vessels are among the finest to ply the waterways of Europe.
- Spend time in the city of Strasbourg, a lively fusion of both French and German cultures; revel in the romantic charms of Heidelberg; stroll through the storybook town of Rüdesheim in the heart of Germany's wine country; and call in Cologne and walk through the soaring nave of its Cathedral.