Itinerary and Highlights of Tanzania
1 Depart from the U.S.
2 Arusha, Tanzania
3 Arusha/Lake Manyara National Park
4 Lake Manyara/Olduvai Gorge/Serengeti National Park
5 Serengeti National Park
6 Serengeti National Park
7 Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro Crater
8 Ngorongoro Crater
9 Ngorongoro Crater
10 Ngorongoro Crater/Arusha
11 Arrive in the U.S.
- Experience the stunning beauty and magnificent wildlife of Tanzania during this customized itinerary specially designed to coincide with the Great Migration, one of nature's greatest spectacles, and hear about Africa's unrivaled wildlife during a series of expert-led game drives, which are limited in size to ensure better game viewing.
- Enjoy exceptional accommodations in the finest game lodges, which combine traditional African design and hospitality with ideal locations, providing access to the magnificent wildlife of the African Bush from the moment you step out of your door.
- Spend three nights in the Serengeti, where expansive grasslands, broken by the occasional rocky outcropping, offer unrestricted vistas of the grandeur of the East African Plain in every direction, and three nights on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater, a vast collapsed volcano that contains a dazzling array of game animals and habitats.
- Attend a special lecture presented by the curator of Olduvai Gorge, where the Leakey family has explored the origins of mankind, followed by a fascinating tour of the excavation sites.
- Meet the young people of Tanzania during a specially arranged visit to a local school.
- One night in the Serena Mountain Village and a dayroom in the Kilimanjaro International Airport Lodge
- One breakfast.
- Game drive in Arusha National Park.
- Scenic land transfer from Arusha to Lake Manyara National Park, featuring a visit to Kibaoni Primary School.
IN LAKE MANYARA NATIONAL PARK
- One night in the Lake Manyara Serena Lodge.
- Welcome cocktail reception.
- One breakfast and one dinner.
- Morning game drive.
- Land transfer from Lake Manyara National Park to Serengeti National Park, with a picnic lunch en route and a visit to Olduvai Gorge, excavation site of human and animal fossils discovered by the Leakey Family.
- A lecture at Olduvai Gorge by a local curator.
IN SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
- Three nights in the Serengeti Serena Lodge.
- Three meals daily.
- Two game drives daily.
- Transfer from Serengeti National Park to Ngorongoro Crater, including a game drive.
IN NGORONGORO CRATER
- Three nights in the Ngorongoro Crater Serena Lodge.
- Three meals daily.
- Descent of the 2,000-foot wall into the crater by four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Visit to a Masai village.
- Picnic breakfast in the crater.
- Scenic transfer from Ngorongoro Crater to Arusha, including lunch in the Arusha Coffee Plantation Lodge.
ENHANCED TRAVEL SERVICES
- All transfers and luggage handling abroad for all participants who have purchased their air tickets through Gohagan & Company and whose arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined in the Included Features, led by experienced, English-speaking local guides.
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Experienced Travel Director to accompany you throughout the travel program.
- Hospitality desk in the hotels.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information for each participant.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.