Science and Engineering Education Expo
During the course, student teams partner with local teachers and volunteers to develop concepts for "gizmos" to be used for teaching science and engineering concepts to children ages 6 to13. The students design and build the projects to meet state or badge requirements in science and engineering areas. They demonstrate and present the projects to the volunteers and educators at an annual "Gizmo Expo" in early December.
Bucknell eningeering students...
- possess strong analytical skills
- exhibit practical ingenuity and creativity
- develop good communication skills across disciplinary boundaries
- possess business, management, and leadership skills
- learn to frame problems and put them in context