Campus update - Vice president for DAR search update
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
I am pleased to announce that a nationwide search for Bucknell's next Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) is now underway. I consider this position to be one of the most important hiring decisions before me this year, due to the tremendous impact of donor and volunteer relationships with Bucknell that will ultimately result in future resources for the University.
Provost Mick Smyer has agreed to chair this important search. In addition, the following members of the faculty and staff have graciously agreed to serve on the search committee:
- Jim Baish, Professor of Mechanical & Biomedical Engineering (elected by the faculty)
- Keith Buffinton, Interim Dean of Engineering
- Mike Cover, Treasurer & Controller
- Carol Gadd, Assistant Dean of Admissions
- John Hardt, Director of Athletics & Recreation
- Bill Kenny, Professor of Music (elected by the faculty)
- Carrie Rampp, Director of Library Services
- George Shields, Dean of Arts & Sciences
- Christina Wallace, Senior Writer, Office of Communications
Bucknell has engaged Dennis Barden of Witt/Kieffer to assist the search committee with its work. Witt/Kieffer is a preeminent executive search firm with specialized expertise in recruiting talented professionals in the area of development, advancement and philanthropy. Dennis is particularly knowledgeable about this dimension of Bucknell, having worked with the University on the previous Vice President for DAR search.
The search committee will begin its work in earnest in the coming weeks, seeking to bring finalists to campus in the spring. It is my hope that we will have a new Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations in place by July 2011, the beginning of the new fiscal year.