Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Fax: (570) 577-7281
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Bucknell University, 2003
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2005
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2007
Teaching Interests/Courses Taught:
- Finite Elements Analysis (MECH 302)
- Solid Mechanics (MECH 353)
- Computer-Aided Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Medical Device Design
- Medical Robotics
- Monahan E, Shimada K. Verifying the effectiveness of a computer-aided navigation system for arthroscopic hip surgery. 2008, Medicine Meets Virtual Reality 16; Volume 132: 302-7.
- Monahan E, Shimada K. A study of user performance employing a computer-aided navigation system for arthroscopic hip surgery. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, Volume 2, Numbers 3-4/December, 2007, 245-252.
- Monahan E and Shimada K. Computer-aided navigation for arthroscopic hip surgery using encoder linkages for position tracking. International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Aided Surgery Volume 2, Number 3/September 2006, 271-278.
- Monahan E, Shimada K. Computer-aided navigation for arthroscopic hip surgery using encoder linkages for position tracking, 2005, Medicine Meets Virtual Reality 14 Volume 119: 393-8.