Safe Escort Service
The Department of Public Safety operates a Safe Escort Service on campus for any member of the university community who requires an escort from dusk until dawn.
This escort generally consists of a walking escort. During busy periods, a caller may experience a ten minute delay in the arrival of the escort. When available, Public Safety utilizes student security to assist with the Safe Escort program.
Safe Escort Regulations
- To request an escort, dial 570-577-3333 (on-campus, dial 73333).
- The Safe Escort program operates seven days a week, from dusk to dawn.
- No escorts will be given from one off-campus location to another off-campus location.
- Although escorts are provided to locations in Lewisburg, they are not provided to or from parties, restaurants or bars.
- Since safety is the reason for requesting an escort, walking escorts will be utilized most of the time.
- Three or more people traveling to the same location do not qualify for an escort.
- Public Safety reserves the right to refuse an escort due to disorderly behavior, visible intoxication, or to anyone who does not meet the requirements for requesting an escort.
Remember, the Safe Escort program is designed to provide a safe escort to the members of the campus community who do not wish to walk alone at night. It is not designed to be a "taxi service" for groups who do not wish to walk from one location to another due to cold or adverse weather conditions.
Thank you for your cooperation.