- Annual symposium highlights collaborative Susquehanna River research
Students, faculty, scientists and others gathered at Bucknell to explores the impact of dams on the river.
- Thinking in Place
The marriage of traditional mapping and software that allows for spatial and statistical analysis creates a new and powerful tool for researchers — and Bucknell is ahead of the curve.
- Bucknell a key partner in new river initiative
Envision the Susquehanna seeks to help conserve the Susquehanna watershed’s natural, cultural and historic resources.
- Academic West opens its doors
Students and faculty dream new possibilities for Bucknell’s newest academic facility.
- A sustainable future, beyond environmental concerns
A daylong symposium brought together professors and experts from across disciplines to address sustainability and global change
- Green Screens April 23: 'Burning in the Sun'
The BUEC Green Screens series will host a screening of "Burning in the Sun" on April 23 at 7:30 p.m. in the Campus Theatre in Lewisburg.
- Renewable Energy Workshop April 27
The Bucknell University Solar Scholars will present a Renewable Energy Workshop April 27 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., exploring the latest developments in renewable energy technology.
- Mountain Minstrelsy band at Campus Theatre April 20
The Mountain Minstrelsy band will perform in concert Saturday, April 20, at 3 p.m. in the Campus Theatre in Lewisburg.
- BUEC Green Screens film April 2: 'Black Gold'
The BUEC's spring Green Screens documentary film series continues with a showing of "Black Gold" on April 2 at 7:30 p.m. in the Campus Theatre in Lewisburg. It will be preceded by a coffee and chocolate tasting reception.
- Bucknell Symposium March 28: 'Envisioning a Sustainable University'
Bucknell University will host the symposium, "Envisioning a Sustainable University," Thursday, March 28.
- Green Screens March 5: 'The Island President'
The BUEC Green Screens film series continues with the film, "The Island President," on March 5 at 7:30 p.m. in the Campus Theatre in Lewisburg. Admission to the film is $2 per person.
- Green Screens series begins Feb. 26 with 'Chasing Ice'
The Bucknell University Environmental Center's spring Green Screens film series begins with the film, "Chasing Ice," Feb. 26, at 7:30 p.m. in the Campus Theatre.
- 'Interpreting the Susquehanna' Feb. 7
Bucknell professors Katie Faull and Alf Siewers will give the talk, "Interpreting the Susquehanna: Renewing the Liberal Arts and Humanities in Regional Studies," Thursday, Feb. 7, at 4 p.m. in the Smith Library of the Vaughan Literature Building at Bucknell University.
- Strike Anywhere presents 'Same River' Feb. 2 and 3
The Strike Anywhere Performance Ensemble will present "Same River," a free multimedia exploration of Marcellus Shale hydrofracturing, at Bucknell, Feb. 2, at 8 p.m. and Feb. 3, at 2 p.m. in the Powers Theatre.
- Maxwell Awards honor two collaborative groups
Two collaborative project teams at Bucknell University -- the Lewisburg Community Garden and Gender Neutral Housing -- were honored recently with the Maxwell Award.
- Davis to discuss rural healthcare Nov. 29
Lisa Davis, director of the Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health, will discuss "Healthcare delivery in a rural context: Why place matters," Nov. 29 at 4 p.m. in the Smith Library of the Vaughan Literature Building at Bucknell.
- BUEC Green Screens series Nov. 27: mini-film festival
The BUEC Green Screens film series will present a mini festival of short films Nov. 27 at 7:30 p.m. at the Campus Theatre, followed by a discussion of energy, sustainable food, and societal change.
- Professors, film-maker Nov. 1: 'Grove's Mill'
A documentary about H&C Grove's Mill, a commercially operating, water-powered gristmill near Lewisburg, will be shown Thursday, Nov. 1, at 4 p.m. in the Smith Library of the Vaughan Literature Building.
- Green Screens series Oct. 30: 'Biophilic Design'
The Bucknell University Environmental Center's Green Screens series will host the film, "Biophilic Design: The Architecture of Life," Oct. 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the Campus Theatre.