- Fall Meet & Greet: Thursday, September 21, 5:30pm in 241 McDonnell Hall
The Geography Department Meet & Greet PIZZA PARTY was held on Tuesday, Sept 21st. This event is an opportunity for students and faculty met to find out what's in store for Geography this year.
- Trip to Washingtion, DC: Thursday, November 18
Sign up by October 28th.
* Meet Bucknell alum Lee Schwartz '76, Geographer of the U.S.
* Visit the National Geographic Society
* Explore the Library of Congress Map Room
* Enjoy lunch and dinner with Bucknell alums
For more information or to sign up, please contact Michelle Ayoub at email@example.com by October 28th.
- Thinking Geographically: Politics, Ecology, and Resistance. Thursday, February 17
Join us for research talks by four Bucknell alumni who went onto academic careers as well as a panel discussion, "Geographers' Views: Local Environmental Struggles, Global Context." The entire campus community is most welcome to attend any or all of this conference and we especially encourage student participation.
Brian King '95, HIV/AIDS and Political Ecologies of Health
Sonja Pieck '99, Transnational Amazonian Politics
Jacqueline Vadjunec '97, New Amazonian Geographies
Joel Wainwright '95, Climate Leviathan
- Margaret Pearce. Tuesday, March 1, 221 Coleman Hall
Margaret Pearce, a cultural/historical geographer and cartographer from the University of Kansas will be on campus March 1st and 2nd. Her work focuses on cartographic representation, particularly as regards indigenous peoples, place, and narrative, and will make a nice follow-up to our recent alumni panel.
Her lecture on Tuesday March 1st at 4:30 will be held in 221 Coleman Hall.