Creative Writing Scholarship Requirements
Award recipients are required to major in English. They will also participate in community outreach projects and campus literary events.
Creative Writing Pre-screening Materials
Candidates for the creative writing merit scholarship should submit the following:
- a one-page letter explaining why you are interested in the program and what skills or interests you would offer Bucknell's literary, writing, and/or film community
- a writing sample of either three to five poems or a story of fiction or creative non-fiction (1,500-2,000 words, double-spaced, 12 pt font)
- a teacher recommendation that discusses your writing and creative abilities
Send materials by Nov. 15 (Early Decision I candidates) or Dec. 1 (Regular Decision and Early Decision II candidates) to:
Office of Admissions
Attn: Arts Merit Scholarship - Creative Writing
One Dent Drive
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Finalists for creative writing merit scholarships will participate in these on-campus activities:
- individual conversations with faculty from the Department of English.
- lunch with current merit scholars and tours of the department, including Stadler Center for Poetry, Willard Smith Library, and the film production lab.