Civil & Environmental Engineering
Michelle R. Oswald Beiler
- PhD - Civil Engineering, University of Delaware
- MA - Urban Affairs and Public Policy, University of Delaware
- MS - Civil Engineering, University of Delaware
- BS - Civil and Environmental Engineering, Lafayette College
- Transportation Engineering
- Sustainable Engineering
- Urban Transportation Planning
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
- Sustainable Transportation Rating Systems
- Transportation Adaptation Practices in Response to Climate Change
- Resiliency of Transportation Corridors
- Sustainable Infrastructure Performance Metrics
- Sustainable Engineering Education
- Oswald, M., and Treat, C. (2013). "Identifying Sea Level Rise Vulnerability Using GIS: Development of a Transit Inundation Modeling Method". International Journal of Geoinformatics-Special Issue on Climate Change, Vol. 9, Issue 1.
- Oswald, M., and McNeil, S. (2013). "Climate Change Adaptation Practices in Support of Mitigation: Evaluating the Progress of Transportation Planning Agencies." International Journal of Climate Change: Responses and Impacts, Vol. 4.
- Oswald, M., and McNeil, S. (2013). "Methodology for Integrating Adaptation to Climate Change into the Transportation Planning Process", Public Works and Management Policy, Volume 18, Issue 2, pp. 145- 166.
- Oswald, M. and McNeil, S. (2013). Application of the Climate Change Adaptation Tool for Transportation (CCATT): Case Study on the Mid-Atlantic Region, Journal of Transportation Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 139, No. 4, pp. 407-415.
- Oswald, M., and Treat, C. (2013)."Assessing Public Transportation Vulnerability to Sea Level Rise: Case Study Application". Journal of Public Transportation, Vol. 16.3.
- Oswald, M. (2012) "Measuring Sustainable Transportation: Integrating Social Sustainability Indicators into Transportation Rating Systems". International Journal on Environmental Sustainability, Vol.
8 (1), 101-114.
- Oswald, M., Li, Q., McNeil, S., and Trimbath, S. (2011). Measuring Infrastructure Performance:Development of a National Infrastructure Index. Public Works Management and Policy.
- Oswald, M. (2011). Development of a Decision Support Tool for Transportation Adaptation Practices in Response to Climate Change, Doctoral Dissertation, University of Delaware: Newark.
- Oswald, M., and McNeil, S. (2010). Rating Sustainability: Transportation Investments in Urban Corridors as a Case Study. Journal of Urban Planning and Development. American Society of Civil Engineering. 136 (3), 177-185
- Oswald, M., McNeil, S, and Ames, D. (2009). Evaluating the Current State of the BosWash Megalopolis Corridor and Indicators of Resiliency. 5th Annual Inter-University Symposium on Infrastructure Management Conference Proceedings. University of Iowa: Iowa City.