The Coalition for Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response
The Coalition for Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response ("the Coalition") serves as a central coordinating committee that directs work that originated with the University's Sexual Assault Task Force (2009). It provides clear and consistent leadership in the development, implementation and assessment of comprehensive initiatives designed to address sexual misconduct in all its forms. The Coalition's ongoing work is informed by research, best practice and current issues being addressed on college and university campuses across the country.
The Coalition meets regularly as a team and also meets periodically with various coalition partners as the team focuses on and reviews specific areas of concern or interest. The Coalition has been designed to be sufficiently representative but also to remain of a size that will allow it to be as efficient, flexible and responsive as possible to the needs of our campus community.
- Deborah Abowitz, Professor of Sociology
- Erin Jablonski, Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering
- Maisha Kelly, Associate Director of Athletics and Senior Woman Administrator
- Chris Magee, Professor of Economics
- Barbara Martin, Compliance Officer and Title IX Coordinator
- Robert Midkiff, Associate Provost
- Kevin Pons, Assistant Director for Residential Education and Sorority and Fraternity Affairs
- Padma Ravichandran, Interpersonal Violence Prevention Coordinator
- Marie Shaw, Assistant Director, Coordinator for Outreach and Consultation Services, Psychological Services, Coalition Chair
- Tracy Russell, Director, Women's Resource Center/Advocate Program Coordinator
- James Shields, Assistant Professor of Comparative Humanities & Asian Thought
The Coalition communicates and collaborates as a multidisciplinary campus alliance. As such, the Coalition will identify individuals representing the areas listed below as coalition partners who will be asked to periodically attend Coalition meetings to discuss their work and to have an open dialogue about potential areas for collaboration and/or improvement.
- Prevention Education
- Crisis Response & Training