Recent Strides in Securing Our Financial Future
Bucknell's strategic success to-date is the result of sound financial planning and generous support from alumni, parents, friends and organizations. Gifts since 2006 have supported academics, residential life, diversity initiatives and efforts to build bridges between Bucknell and the world. These include:
- Gifts to support multiple strategic priorities
- Gifts and grants for scholarships
- Professorships in environmental studies, music, French , and poetry and creative writing
- Academic facilities and resources: Mooney Lab, Environmental Center and related curricular efforts, Rooke Chemistry Building
- Diversity enhancement and education
Strategic financial modeling
To manage its resources strategically as it implements The Plan for Bucknell, Bucknell has established in Integrated Financial Model -- a planning tool that:
- provides a flexible tool allowing Bucknell to investigate multiple options in developing its financial plans and initiatives, and
- responds to 'what-if' questions, compares multiple forecasts of future assumptions
Campus Master Plan
In fall 2006, Bucknell hired the distinguished firm of Shepley Bulfinch to help us develop a Campus Master Plan to provide the blueprint for the future of our campus buildings, infrastructure and green space over the next 75 years. The Campus Master Plan ensures that Bucknell remains one of the most attractive and functionally effective living and learning environments anywhere.
To accelerate our progress even further, Bucknell must secure its financial future by acquiring the resources to:
- Provide scholarships to recruit diverse classes of highly qualified students from all socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Increase its endowment, especially the ratio of endowment per student, to reduce dependence on tuition.
- Establish endowed professorships to recruit and retain the best senior teacher-scholars.
- Forge ahead in implementing the Campus Master Plan, which outlines plans for new academic buildings in addition to Academic West (Academic East, an Art Building) and residence halls.
- Expand and enhance existing academic centers and create new ones based on emerging campus initiatives
- Support faculty development, innovation, undergraduate research and student leadership.
To achieve all these objectives - and to reach its vision - Bucknell launched the private phase of a $500 million comprehensive campaign in July 2007. We publically launched the campaign in fall 2012. || Related link: We Do. The Campaign for Bucknell University