The Bucknell Arts Council is has as its mission the goal of collaboratively advancing and enhancing the arts at Bucknell. The Bucknell Arts Council is a coalition of the following following arts departments, organizations, concentrations, and centers: Art and Art History, University Press, Creative Writing, Film/Media Studies, the Griot Institute for Africana Studies, Music, Samek Art Gallery, Stadler Center for Poetry, Theatre and Dance, the Weis Center for the Performing Arts, the University Arts Coordinator and the Associate Dean of Arts and Humanities.
One of the primary goals of the Bucknell Arts Council is to support student artistry. To that end, we offer support for students engaged in artistic and creative endeavors like Bucknell Arts Council Student Arts and Creativity Grants.
- Admissions: Russ Althouse
- Art and Art History: Janice Mann
- Bucknell University Press: Greg Clingham
- Creative Writing: Derek Palacio
- Engineering: Joe Tranquillo
- Film/Media Studies: Eric Faden
- Griot Institute for Africana Studies: Carmen Gillespie
- Management: Seth Orsborn
- Music: Barry Long
- Samek Art Gallery: Richard Rinehart
- Stadler Center for Poetry: Shara McCallum
- Theatre and Dance: Paula Davis (Theatre)
- Theatre and Dance: Kelly Knox (Dance)
- Weis Center: Kathryn Maguet
- West Branch: Andy Ciotola
- Bucknell Arts Coordinator: Carmen Gillespie
- Associate Dean of Arts and Humanities: Ann Tlusty
Questions and comments about the Presidential Arts Initiative can be directed to the current Bucknell University Arts Coordinator, Carmen Gillespie, Professor of English and Director of the Griot Institute of Africana Studies.
Office: VL 209C
Voice: (570) 577-1651