Who Are the MSS Ambassadors?
MSS Ambassadors are a select group of student volunteers who represent the Office of Multicultural Student Services (MSS) at events focused on attracting prospective students from underrepresented groups to Bucknell. These events include those sponsored by the Office of Admissions, the Department of Athletics, and other campus offices.
What Are the Qualifications?
- familiarity with MSS and/or an interest in learning more about the office
- interest in volunteer and leadership experiences
- strong verbal communication skills
- willingness to devote occasional weekend time to special events
- good academic standing
What Are the Benefits?
- Ambassadors will primarily receive training and orientation on the history, objectives and programming of the Office of MSS.
- Ambassadors will also learn about the other campus diversity offices (International Student Services, Office of LGBT Awareness, Women's Resource Center) and campus resources (i.e. The Writing Center)
- Ambassadors will learn how to develop rapport with students.
- Ambassadors will develop a richer understanding of Bucknell and gain valuable experience.
- Ambassadors will be eligible for professional recommendations for academic, professional and volunteer opportunities.