Apple's flagship laptop combines the power of Mountain Lion, OS 10.8, with Apple's hallmark reliability and ease of use to make the MacBook Pro the perfect combination for college students today. They feature:
- Next-generation quad-core and dual-core Intel processors.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro now features a 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 processor or the fastest dual-core processor available — the 2.9GHz Intel Core i7.
- The graphics performance you need, when you need it.
The integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 processor handles the things you do every day.
- The Multi-Touch trackpad is the most natural way to interact with what's on your screen, and the smooth glass surface gives you plenty of room for gestures.
- A long-lasting battery. Charge less. Do more.
The new MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life.
- All 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pros are part of the Bison Laptop Program. Except for the retina display models, we have you covered when you buy a MacBook Pro!
Apple MacBook Pro - starting at about $1372
2.5 GHz Intel i5 processor
8 gb RAM (upgrade from the standard 4 gb)
500 gb 5400 rpm hard drive
3 years AppleCare
Firewire 800, 2 USB 3.0 ports, Thunderbolt
FaceTime HD webcam
Retina Display Details - Retina Display models are not part of the laptop program!
The Retina Display MacBook Pros offer a Retina display and all flash architecture in a thin and light package. What does this mean?
- The pictures on the screen will be brighter and clearer than anything you've ever seen
- Instead of normal hard drives, only solid state flash drives (like a big USB key) are used, which make everything load and run superfast
- They weigh a pound less than a standard 15" MacBookPro and they're considerably thinner
But . . .
- They have no CD/DVD drive
- They have no ethernet jack (for a network cable)
- They have no Firewire ports (standard on Macs forever)
- They have a different MagSafe2 power adapter than all other Macs
- They cost a lot more than a regular 15" MacBookPro
- Flash solid state drives are smaller (256gb or 512gb) than normal hard drives (500gb standard, or 750gb optional)
Because we find that students use CD drives, ethernet ports and Firewire accessories, the Retina Display models are not part of the Bison Laptop program.
Apple's Back to School Promotions
Apple usually runs a Back to School promotion from May to September of each year. We recommend that anyone buying a laptop for school wait until the promotion to take advantage of Apple's latest offers.
For details, check out Apple's Back to School Promotion page!