About Bertrand Library
The Bertrand Library features a robust collection of materials including books, journals (both electronic and print), research databases, government documents, films, a/v equipment and more. Faculty and librarians work together to build the collection, whose primary goal is to support the University curriculm.
Here are some key features of the collection:
- Over 860,000 items including books, dvds, maps, audiobooks and recreational reading collections
- Access to tens of thousands of journals, magazines and newspapers
- Collection of educational films, feature films, and television programs
- Subscriptions to over 200 databases
- Depository for documents produced by the federal government and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Equipment available for faculty, staff, students to borrow - including laptops, digital cameras and camcorders, and hard drives
We are pleased to be able to offer library visitors access to our electronic resources.
While the Bertrand Library subscribes to over two hundred research databases and electronic journals, access is limited to current Bucknell faculty, staff and students and visitors while on site. There are a few freely available research databases that non-Bucknell users can access from off-campus, including:
If you would like information about a specific database, or want to inquire about availability of additional databases, please contact the Library Services Desk at 570.577.1462, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or browse our Research by Subject guides.
The Bertrand Library offers the following services/resources to guest users:
- Internet access/Web browsing/e-mail
- Microsoft Office software
- Research databases/catalog searching
- Limited printing (please print wisely)
- Basic reference assistance (including government information access)
- Guest wireless access (network is called bucknell_guests)
- Community borrowing privileges ($15/year for local residents)
- Self-Service Photocopying (.10/page)
Because our first priority is to serve the current members of the Bucknell community, availability of electronic/computing resources is limited. At especially busy times of the day/year (during finals, etc.), we can not accommodate guest users.
For more information, please visit these links: