Library and Information Technology provides library, computing, and media services and resources to Bucknell University students, faculty, and staff. The Ellen Clarke Bertrand Library is the main library for the campus and it houses the library's collections, including books, videos, DVDs, CDs, government documents, maps, special collections and university archives. Library & IT provides assistance to users at three public service desks on the Main Level of the Bertrand Library building.
- Reference Desk 570.577.1462
- Circulation Desk 570.577.1882
- Technology Desk 570.577.7777
Individual computer training and assistance with computing and media equipment needs is available upon request. To find out more about computing support for Bucknell University, visit the the Library & IT home page. If you are a Bucknell University student and need assistance with the computer labs, contact Equipment & Classroom Services at 570.577.7733.
Library & IT Facilities, Resources and Services Include:
- Designated handicapped parking on the northeast and southeast sides of the Bertrand Library building
- Handicapped restroom access
- No steps from the parking area to the main entrance
- Elevator service to all 5 levels of the building
- A variety of accessible individual and group study spaces
- Wheelchair-accessible computer workstations in the reference and Technology Courtyard areas
- Trained staff and student assistants who are available for consultation, instruction or guidance concerning research and computing needs
- Staff available at service desks who are able to provide assistance and retrieve materials by request
- Self-managed renewal and holding for library materials through the catalog
- Teaching and open access microcomputer facilities equipped with text-enlargement software native to Windows 2000
- 24-hour access to both Apple and IBM microcomputers
- Computers equipped word processing, spreadsheet, and other commonly used software
Library & IT Contact Information
If you have questions or need special accommodations or assistance concerning the use of Library & IT facilities, resources, or services, contact the Office of Disability Services at 570.577.1188 or use any of the help resources available on the L&IT web pages.