Film/Media Studies Scholarship Requirements
Award recipients are required to major in English. They will also participate in community outreach projects and campus literary events.
Film/Media Studies Pre-screening Materials
Candidate for the film/media studies merit scholarship should submit the following:
- a one-page letter explaining why you are interested in the program and what skills or interest you would offer Bucknell's literary, writing, and/or film community
- a teacher recommendation that discusses your film/media and creative abilities
- a sample film analysis (or analysis or other visual media) that demonstrates critical thinking skills: please do not submit film reviews or sample screenplays (1,500-2,000 words, double-spaced, 12 pt font)
- a demo reel (no more than 4 minutes) highlighting creative film/media/visual media production work. You may send a DVD or a link to your demo reels from a popular video sharing website such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Send materials by Nov. 15 (Early Decision I candidates) or Dec. 1 (Regular Decision and Early Decision II candidates) to:
Office of Admissions
Attn: Arts Merit Scholarship - Film/Media Studies
One Dent Drive
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Finalists for film/media studies merit scholarships will participate in these on-campus activities:
- individual conversations with faculty from the Department of English.
- lunch with current merit scholars and tours of the department, including Stadler Center for Poetry, Willard Smith Library, and the film production lab.