- Friday, April 13th, 12:00-1:00 pm, in LC 241 A&B
National Geography Honor Society luncheon. The event will include a casual induction ceremony of new members and lunch.
- Tuesday, Jan 31st, 7:00 pm Campus Theatre movie
"Ghosts of Attica," co-sponsored by the Depts of Geography and History, and the Social Justice College.
- Thursday, Feb. 2nd, 5:00-6:00 pm, Geography Lounge
New Majors sign up - pass the word!
- Saturday, Feb. 11th, 8:00 am - East State Penitentiary, Philadelphia
Bus excursion/ tour of Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia (returning late afternoon). This is a trip planned for the Intro to American Studies class, but there is room for a few more bodies on the bus. Talk to Professor Morin if interested - should be fascinating.
- Thursday, Feb. 16th, 4:30 pm Gallery Theatre Geography lecture
Geography-sponsored lecture by Rashad Shabazz (University of Vermont), "Geographies of Black Masculinities".
Reception for Rashad Shabazz: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Elaine Langone Center room 241
- Friday, Feb. 17th, 11:30 am lunch
Geology majors: lunch with Rashad Shabazz. Contact Prof Morin if interested.
- Friday Feb. 24 - Tues Feb 28, Association of American Geographers
This annual meeting in New York City in close proximity this year, and a few of the faculty will be attending. If you are a student interested in attending please speak with one of your geography professors. This is a great opportunity to see 7000 geographers in action!
- Post spring break- Geography Honor Society luncheon- Date TBD