We continue the tradition.
The Rooke family
The late Robert L. Rooke, a longtime trustee who graduated in 1913, and his descendants have made the Rooke family among the most significant contributors to Bucknell across its history. Most recently, son Robert C. Rooke and his wife, Natalie, both GP'06, GP'07, GP'13 and honorary co-chairs of the campaign, provided major funding toward Academic West, a 70,000-square-foot building that will open in fall 2013 and house classrooms, laboratories, faculty offices and meeting rooms.
In recognition of the family's tradition of giving, the University renamed the Biology Building and the Robert L. Rooke Chemistry Building the Robert L. Rooke Science Center.
The Rookes’ wide-ranging interests are reflected in the many ways they support the University, including Rooke Chapel (1965); the Natalie Rooke Davis Recital Hall (2000); and the Robert L. Rooke Professorship in Engineering (2004) – to cite just a few examples of their generosity benefitting Bucknell.