Updated April 27, 2013
By Kathryn Kopchik
LEWISBURG, Pa. — The College of Engineering at Bucknell University will host a series of events showcasing senior engineering design projects.
Every graduating engineer takes part in a final "Senior Design" experience, resulting in a plan, device, innovation, or design to meet the needs of a client, according to Margot Vigeant, Associate Dean of the College of Engineering and Professor of Chemical Engineering.
"This year, students have designed and built a mini-baja car, new medical devices, useful apps, sustainable land-use plans, and soft- and hardware to support citizen science.
"They have also investigated processes to help local small businesses make their products more cost-effectively. Students will be available to discuss their work and will even demonstrate many of their prototypes." she said
The schedule of presentations open to the general public are:
Tuesday, April 30
- Chemical Engineering Senior Design video presentations, 11 to 11:20 a.m., Dana 113; Chemical Engineering Senior Design posters and demonstrations, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Dana 139, Dana 242, Dana 033; map of demos in Dana 113.
- German for Natural Scientists and Engineers poster presentations and conversation (in German and English), 11 a.m. to 12:52 p.m., Dana 115.
- Biomedical Engineering Senior Design poster presentations and demos, noon to 2 p.m., Dana 117. Note: attendees must sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Senior Design poster presentations and demos, noon to 2 p.m., Room 263, Breakiron Engineering Building.
- Mechanical Engineering Senior Design poster presentations and demos, noon to 3 p.m., Dana 134.
- Biomedical Engineering Biotransport poster presentations, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Dana Engineering Lobby.
- Computer Science Senior Design poster presentations and demos, 4:45 to 6 p.m., Breakiron Lobby, ground floor.
Contact: Division of Communications