Seven members of the Bucknell University staff have been honored with the annual presentation of the Geiger and Zeller Awards.
The Walter C. Geiger Memorial Award recognizes members of the administrative staff who demonstrate sustained excellence and embrace Bucknell University's core competencies in the conduct of their administrative responsibilities. The award honors the late Walter C. Geiger, director of facilities.
Recipients of the 2014 Geiger Awards were Jennifer Figueroa, director of International Student Services; Kathy Guyer, director of financial services with the Finance Office; Loni Kline, director of the Annual Fund; and Jeff Loss Sr., associate director for maintenance with Facilities.
- Figueroa was lauded for her extraordinary commitment to and compassion for international students and for educating and mentoring student leaders to do the same.
- Guyer was recognized for her leadership in the Concur Travel and Expense system implementation as well as her expertise with University rental properties and taxes.
- Kline was cited for her exemplary managerial skills and leadership in increasing alumni participation rates, most notably with the creation of the One Day Giving Challenge.
- Loss was honored for his consistently superior service in support of facilities maintenance and project needs, especially the Facilities Capital Budget, and for his work with student groups.
For a list of previous Geiger Award winners, visit www.bucknell.edu/x4966.xml.
The John F. Zeller Memorial Award for support staff excellence honors the late John F. Zeller, former vice president for business and fiscal affairs and general counsel emeritus. The award recognizes support staff who demonstrate consistent excellence in the conduct of their responsibilities.
Recipients of the 2014 Zeller Awards were Ruth Ann Craven, chaplains office assistant with Chaplains and Religious Life; Amie Reif, assistant with the Office of the Provost; and Sandy Wendt, academic assistant with the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- Craven was honored for her outstanding ability to coordinate numerous events and worship services, including the annual Christmas Candlelight Service, with kindness and hospitality.
- Reif was lauded for her stellar organization skills with IDEA course evaluations and student and faculty celebrations and her welcoming presence with under-represented student groups.
- Wendt was recognized for her exceptional skills in organizing the team-taught introductory course as well as her support of the Presidential Fellows program and the summer REU program.
For a list of previous Zeller Award winners, visit www.bucknell.edu/x4969.xml.
Also recognized at the staff picnic was Myrna Perkins, assistant with the Office of Multicultural and International Student Services, who graduated from Bucknell on May 18 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology. Perkins also received the Dorothy Walls McCormick Prize as the student from Union County who has demonstrated qualities by which other students have been helped in their daily living and in their personal development.
In addition, two teams of Emerging Leaders were recognized. They were: Deb Baney, academic assistant with the Department Sociology and Anthropology; Beth Bouchard, director of new student orientation and student leadership programs with the Dean of Students Office; Sue Conway, administrative assistant with the Provost's Office; Nancy Frazier, instructional services librarian with Library & IT; Kara Hawrelak, assistant director of and information systems coordinator with Admissions; Dan Heuer, scholarly communications officer and information access manager with Library & IT; Schelly Homan, equipment services specialist with Library & IT; Steve Hoover, business services analyst with the Office of Finance; Brenda Housner, office assistant/budget coordinator with Public Safety; Chris Koons, editorial/photography assistant in the Office of Communications; Greg Koontz, associate director of utilities maintenance with Facilities; Dan Mancusi, assistant director of development with Library & IT; Ron Marquette, assistant direct of the Annual Fund and campus community philanthropy programs with the Office of Development and Alumni Relations; Marie Shaw, assistant director and coordinator of outreach and consultation services with the Office of Psychological Services; Dominic Silvers, senior project manager with Facilities; Chris Small, associate director of business services with Facilities; Gina Stockdale, director of non-university events with the Office of Events Management; Dennis Wilbur, mail services team leader with Publications, Print and Mail; and Matt Williams, associate director of networking with Library & IT.