Annual gifts with a special impact
The President’s Fund supports high-priority projects that are particularly strategic to advancing the University’s mission in key areas.
Annual gifts to the President’s Fund allow a nimble response to institutional needs and priorities. Last year, the fund provided $450,000 toward important initiatives like these:
- Fitzwilliam String Quartet residency – visiting English musicians who perform on campus and work with students in music, performing arts and arts entrepreneurship
- Thebes excavation project – supporting faculty in the Classics Department in the first joint Greek-American archaeological dig in the Sanctuary of Ismenian Apollo
- “Plants Are Cool, Too!” - video series with Professor Chris Martine, biology
- Bucknell Innovation Group (B.I.G.) – co-curricular workshops and campus programming on innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship across disciplines
- Presidential Arts Initiative – ongoing support and enhancement of the creative and performing arts at Bucknell
- Bucknell-Geisinger Research Initiative – collaboration with Geisinger Medical Center on faculty-student research projects in areas such as engineering, health economics and health management
- Griot Institute for Africana Studies – interdisciplinary investigation of the cultures, histories, narratives, peoples, geographies and arts of Africa and the African diaspora
- Learning Collaborative on High-Risk Drinking – association membership and conference participation for Bucknell staff
- Black Student Union - campus-wide programming, including the Black Arts Festival and annual BSU Stomp Out event
- Collegiate Readership Program – daily newspapers on campus for students during the academic year (New York Times, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal)
- Sustainability Working Group – engagement of a higher education consultancy group to help develop a campus-wide initiative in sustainability
Gifts to the President’s Fund have unlimited potential to forever transform our campus community.