The Bucknell Arts Council (BAC) has as its mission the collaborative advancement and enhancement of the arts at Bucknell. The BAC is a coalition of the following arts departments and centers: Art & Art History, the Campus Theatre, the Creative Writing and Film/Media Studies programs of the English Dept, the Griot Institute for Africana Studies, Music, the Samek Art Museum, the Stadler Center for Poetry and Literary Arts, Theatre & Dance, the Weis Center for the Performing Arts, the University Arts Coordinator, and the Associate Dean of Arts & Humanities.
One of the primary goals of the Bucknell Arts Council is to support artistic creation on the part of students. To that end, we offer Student Arts and Creativity Grants to promote artistic and creative work or to support endeavors related to such work.
BAC Co-coordinators: Andrew Ciotola & Janice Mann (on leave 2018-19)
- Admissions: Alee Singer
- Computer Science: Evan Peck
- Creative Writing: Chinelo Okparanta
- Film/Media Studies: Rebecca Meyers
- Griot Institute for Africana Studies: Carmen Gillespie
- Management: Michael Johnson-Cramer
- Music: Barry Long
- Samek Art Gallery: Richard Rinehart
- Theatre & Dance: Elaine Williams
- Weis Center: Kathryn Maguet
- Stadler Center for Poetry & West Branch: Andrew Ciotola
- Studio Art: Eddy López
- Associate Dean of Arts & Humanities: Karline McLain
Questions and comments about the Presidential Arts Initiative can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.