As you weigh colleges and universities against one another, how will you know which one is right for you? The following information can help you understand Bucknell’s educational offerings and student outcomes, compare Bucknell to other schools and decide whether it’s the right fit for you.
Bucknell University students lead exciting and invigorating academic lives. Some participate in groundbreaking research, while others triumph on stage or in the studio. Caring faculty members are both teachers and mentors for these students in – and out – of the classroom. At the same time, they are also scholars who conduct research, publish widely, receive media coverage, and receive grants from national organizations for their work.
- Educational program
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
- Instructional facilities
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Copyright Infringement − Policies and Sanctions
- Privacy of Student Records − Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Student Life, Health and Safety
Students so much enjoy their experience that a very high percentage of first-year students return as sophomores (see our Fact Book for current retention rates).
- Student activities
- Student diversity
- Facilities and services for students with disabilities
- Campus security policies, crime statistics and crime log
- Drug and alcohol abuse prevention
- Vaccination Policies
- Computer Use and File Sharing
- Student Complaint Resolution
Tuition, Costs and Aid
We are here to work with you and your family regarding financial need and aid. Any student who feels he or she needs assistance may apply for financial aid. We consider each family's situation and re-evaluate cases annually to accommodate changes in financial resources.
- Price of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Assistance Available From Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs
- Student Loan Information
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations (search for "Financial Aid" in this PDF)
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Contact Information for the Office of Financial Aid
Student Success and Outcomes
One indicator of student satisfaction and student achievement is our high four-year and six-year graduation rates (see our Fact Book for current graduation rates).
- Career Paths
- Career Placement
- Common Data Set -- more on our graduation rate
- Career and job placement services
- Job/Graduate school placement information and rates
Athlete Graduation Rates
Each year, the NCAA publicly announces the Graduation Success Rate of all Division I institutions, along with a similar Division II Academic Success Rate. For more information, visit www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/graduation-success-rate.
To obtain the Graduation Rate Reports for Bucknell University Athletics, click the link below. Select "Bucknell University" from the school drop-down and then click "Search". The reports are available in pdf format for each cohort year. For the Graduation Success Rate by Sport report, click the pdf icon in the column labeled "GSR Rpt". For the Athlete vs. All Student Graduation Success Rate report, click the pdf icon in the column labeled "FGR Rpt".