Special Seating: Wheelchairs and Deaf/HOH
- Special seating arrangements are available on a limited basis for those confined to a wheelchair or for deaf/HOH.
- Telephone the commencement hotline at 570.577.1192 before Friday, May 13, to make reservations for special seating or for details pertaining to local durable medical equipment vendors. The University does not loan or rent wheelchairs.
- Guests should be advised that the outdoor ceremony is held in an unshaded area.
- An alternative indoor viewing area will be available in Trout Auditorium in the Vaughan Literature Building.
- In case of rain, Commencement will be held in the Gerhard Fieldhouse.
- Seniors and graduate students will receive five tickets each for the indoor ceremony when they pick up their cap and gown.
- Guests who do not have tickets may view Commencement by live simulcast in the Weis Center for the Performing Arts and Trout Auditorium in the Vaughan Literature Building.
- If the ceremony is moved to the indoor location, announcements will be made throughout campus. This information will also be available by calling the Campus Alert line at 570.577.2020 or the University Switchboard at 570.577.2000.
- A photographer from GradImages will be at the ceremony to take a candid photograph of each graduate at the special moment of recognition.
- PRIOR TO THE CEREMONY: visit gradimages.com and click on the Pre-Event Registration.
- Seniors and graduate students will receive a free passport-sized digital proof of this photo on an order card within 5-7 days following the ceremony.
- After the ceremony, graduates may order online at gradimages.com or call 800.261.2576.
- Questions may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Since photographs will be available, family members and guests are encouraged to remain in their seats, relax and enjoy the ceremony.
- An area on the west side of the Academic Quad will be designated for guests to take personal photos of the graduates as they receive their diplomas.
A mailing will be sent to all seniors and graduate students by February providing directions for ordering graduation announcements online through a link at the bookstore website bucknell.bncollege.com. Announcements also may be ordered directly through Balfour by calling 1.877.BALFOUR (1.877.225.3687) or online at balfour.com.
The 2016 Bucknell Yearbook L'Agenda can be ordered online at smart-pay.com or by calling 1.800.853.1337. Yearbooks will also be available for order on the ground floor of the Elaine Langone Center on Friday from noon - 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. For specific questions, please email Gretchen Heuges at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parents Fund and Family Programs will offer an opportunity to purchase a variety of flowers. An order form will be mailed to parents in early February.
The Bison snack bar, ground floor, Elaine Langone Center, will be open for refreshments and light meals on May 20, 21 and 22. Menus for the Courtside Grill and the Farewell Luncheon can be viewed online. Tickets for these meals can be ordered online when you register for commencement. Pick up tickets on the ground floor of the Elaine Langone Center. Tickets will not be mailed.
Traffic Flow and Sunday Parking
Officers will be on hand to direct traffic flow. Drop-off for those with disabilities and the elderly is located in front of Marts Hall on Dent Drive. Shuttles will be running continuously from all campus parking lots from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Please be aware that pets will not be allowed on the Quad.