The Parents Association Board of Directors serves as an Advisory Board.
Board Members are expected to fulfill the following obligations.
- Serve as a member of the Parents Board for the duration of your student's enrollment at Bucknell.
- Attend and participate in two Board meetings on‐campus, per year.
For 2019-20, this includes:
• 2019 Spring Meeting: On-campus orientation for new members takes place on Thursday of the spring meeting.
• 2019 Fall Family Weekend: On-campus
• 2020 Spring Meeting: On-campus
- Make a gift annually to the Parents Fund in accordance with your capability, and preferably at a leadership level ($2,500+).
- Learn about Bucknell, its mission, programs, activities, and the WE DO Campaign.
- Learn about the Bucknell Parents Association, its mission, membership and activities.
- Decide how you would like to make a difference for Bucknell and carry out your work in your assigned committee.
- Participate in the First‐year Parent Welcome Call Program.
Telephone first‐year parents in your geographic area to welcome them to the Bucknell family, answer questions, and serve as a contact.
- Participate in activities outside of your committee work that support the Parents Board, such as:
• Host interns and externs at your place of business
• Represent Bucknell at admissions events, college fairs, etc.
• Solicit other parents on behalf of the Parents Fund
• Attend Bison Gatherings (first-year families/student regional summer receptions) in your area
- Be responsive to the Office of the Parents Fund & Family Programs at Bucknell for requests, such as meeting invitations and inform the office of any updates for your contact information, etc.
- Be an advocate for Bucknell and serve as a resource for families in your geographic area.
- Participate in regional Bucknell Club events.