Together, Everyone Achieves More (T.E.A.M)
The Bucknell University T.E.A.M. Peer Mentor Program is a year-long program which engages the intellectually talented student in the life of the University while fostering an affinity to the University. Students from underrepresented backgrounds entering Bucknell University as first-year or transfer students in the fall are invited to apply to the program. T.E.A.M. partners first-year student scholars with an upperclass peer mentor to establish a supportive relationship which aids transition into Bucknell's academic and social atmosphere.
T.E.A.M. peer mentors receive extensive training and are committed to developing meaningful relationships with their scholars. Throughout the year, mentors build personal connections with first-year scholars by arranging individual meetings with their assigned scholars and participating in team-building activities, including interactive group events and topical discussions. The program helps mentors gain experiences in leadership and service, and enriches their ability to work with diverse student populations.
Why should you apply?
Scholars have the following benefits:
- You get to join one of the most caring and close-knit communities of peers on campus who are invested in your long term success at Bucknell.
- Access to a trained upperclass mentor dedicated to welcoming you to Bucknell.
- Exclusive admittance to the T.E.A.M. pre-orientation program RAMP Up! (Ready, Aware, Motivated and Prepared) that introduces you to study skills, campus resources and faculty & staff members.
- Private seminars and programs that will assist in your first-year transition. Previous topics included discussions of campus climate and sessions on acquiring internships.
- Community-building social events including Sunday brunches, retreats, pre-Thanksgiving Dinner and a Spring Banquet.
Expectations of scholars
Student scholars are expected to meet with their mentor weekly; attend program meetings during the semester with their mentor and program staff; attend program social events; acquire knowledge of all areas of university resources; and actively engage in their Bucknell University experience.