What is the OAR Testing Center?
- The OAR Testing Center is a secondary option for those students whose professors cannot accommodate their testing accommodation needs. The Center provides a quiet space for up to fourteen (14) students who are registered with the Office of Accessibility Resources to take their quizzes/tests. (Four non-internet connected computers are available.)
- Given that there are fourteen (14) spaces available, the center requires advanced reservation (3 days notice) and is scheduled on a first-come first-served basis. The Center is NOT a drop-in service.
Who can utilize the OAR Testing Center?
- Only students registered with the Office of Accessibility Resources can take their quizzes/exams in the OAR Testing Center.
How do I reserve a testing space?
- The student contacts Marlene Wertz at email@example.com, or 570.577.1561 to check for availability and to schedule his/her quizzes/exams. Students MUST provide at least three days notice.
Faculty Responsibility if student is utilizing Testing Center
- Provide the quiz/exam in a timely manner (whether hand delivered, email, or other means)
- Provide any other exam information (e.g., allow use of calculator, use of laptop, etc.) and accommodation being provided (i.e., 50% extended time)
- Inform the OAR about how you would like your tests returned to you
- Inform Marlene Wertz and faculty of the need for testing accommodations providing three (3) days notice
- Arrive to the Testing Center on time and show BU ID
- Follow Bucknell University Honor Code
What are the hours, operation, and location of the OAR Testing Center?
- The OAR Testing Center is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The Testing Center is located in Academic West 206.
- Tests are proctored during open hours.
What do I do if the OAR Testing Center is not an option?
- Faculty are responsible for securing another location for students in need of testing accommodations. For other room arrangements contact: Vince Pellegrini at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570.577.1116.