Bucknell Career Connect
Connect with your fellow Bucknellians to help each other professionally and expand your network. Join the Bucknell Career Connect community by signing in with your LinkedIn account and view the job board to see a variety of job opportunities for alumni. Search openings by keywords and location. This site is exclusively for alumni who have earned a degree from Bucknell.
These resources are paid for by Bucknell and provided to you at no charge. Subscription resources include Opportunities in Public Affairs, Going Global and The Vault.
General Career Resources
- Career Journal - The Wall Street Journal's executive career site.
- Job-Hunt - Online job search guide and resource directory.
- Quintessential Careers - More than 2,500 pages of free college, career, and job-search content.
- The Riley Guide - Employment opportunities and job resources.
- Fast Company - Chronicles changing companies and highlights new business practices and innovative individuals.
- Hoover's - Comprehensive company, industry, and market intelligence that drives business growth.
- WetFeet - Research companies and industries.
- Fortune - Career information from Fortune magazine.
- Glassdoor - Company salaries, reviews and interviews.
- Occupational Outlook Handout - Explains training and education needed, earnings, job prospects and more.
- Volunteer Match - Find national volunteer positions.
- Fellowships - Find out about fellowship positions sent directly to Bucknell ACS.
- Learn How to Become - Compares the best job search sites and provides information about a variety of careers including the educational background and degree needed for each.
- Salary Negotiation Guide - a three step process to prepare for salary success
International Career Resources
Links by Category
Your Unique Situation
You have many career options, but finding information pertaining to your unique situation is sometimes difficult. Learn more about your choices:
- Career Changer - Offers free articles for tools, tips, and strategies on just about all aspects of job-hunting and career development for experienced job-seekers.
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers - A list of the Top 100 Military friendly employers for those with a military background.
- Disabled Workers - Offers sites that cater to those with special needs or circumstances.
- Dislocated Workers - Website devoted to fostering, promoting, and developing the welfare of the wage earners, job seekers, and retirees of the United States; improving working conditions; advancing opportunities for profitable employment; and assuring work-related benefits and rights.
- Diversity - Website promoting jobs with employers committed to diversity.
- Dual Career Couples - This page is your one-stop resource for finding a new job. You'll find some expert free job-search tools and resources.
- LGBTQ - Sites that offer resources covering the span of LGBTQ specific issues concerning careers and workplaces.
- Recent Grads - “When I built College Aftermath, my number one goal was to provide a source of hope, inspiration, and legit, real-world, first-hand, tried-and-true advice. I wanted — and still do — to share my story — my triumphs and failures — in the hope that someone out there might hear what they need to hear in their moment of turmoil.”
- Retirees/Seniors - An independent job and information resource for boomers, retirees and people planning their retirement. Content in areas like Health Care, Medicare-Social Security, Continuing Education, Financial Resources, Insurance Services, Identity Theft & Scams, Senior Travel-Vacations, Senior Discounts and more.
- Stay-at-Home Parents - Where job-seekers looking for telecommuting, job flexibility, and work-at-home jobs and career resources can find everything you need to succeed.